Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Surrender

My shelf with my wips is getting a little out of control.


Apparently I REALLY like pink project bags.  

Who knew?

My purple yarn is officially in a time out.


It needs to learn to knit nicely.  I've got a plan for it.  I'm feeling fairly confident about the new course of action.  It is a combination of all my previous techniques.  But I haven't tried it out yet.  I've been a little distracted.

I keep thinking about that ginormous shawl and obsessing over what yarn to use to knit it.

I love the idea of a bold striking yarn color.  A real statement of a shawl.  Most of my sweaters are neutral colors.  But my shawls?  I love to play with big color in my shawls.  And this big shawl begs to be a big color.

But that alpaca yarn.

It calls to me.

It wants to be a big elegant quasi blanket.   It keeps tempting me with this mental image of myself and the Queen wrapped up together in my ginormous alpaca shawl gazing at the Christmas tree.  

I can see it.

I want it.

But I'm not gonna lie, that alpaca yarn was EXPENSIVE.  Do I really want to use it to knit a shawl I will apparently use once a year to snuggle while gazing at the Christmas tree?  Or do I want to use it on a cardigan that I will wear every day all winter in place of a coat?

I was pondering it outloud with The Greatest when I voiced the question "How often do I really wear my shawls?"

He laughed and pointed out "You're wearing one right now."

I looked down to discover that I was.  And I'd been wearing it off and on all weekend.

I immediately cast on for a ginormous alpaca shawl.

And I can't.stop.knitting!


This yarn is like knitting a baby bunny.  I'm going to have a gigantic wearable snuggly cuddly baby bunny quasi-blanket to snuggle under with the Queen Bean as we gaze at the Christmas Tree.

I can't wait.

If you don't hear from me for a while its because I'm knitting my baby bunny yarn.

2 comments:

AngelKnitter said...

It is going to be stunning!! That choice was the right one.

Nancy McCarroll said...

You could tie for Fastest Knitter. Can't believe how much progress you already have on it.