Monday, March 23, 2015

Still

Yup,



That is STILL my purple sweater sitting in a bowl of water.  Actually I'm not sure if there is even any water left in the bowl.  The goldfish were included as proof that this is a completely new picture taken today, and not a reuse of an old picture for dramatic effect.  I really AM this lazy.  One of these day I will either wash this sweater (cause you know it's starting to smell at this point) and block it or it will just give up the ghost and disintegrate becoming one with the water.  It really could go either way at this point.

In case you hadn't noticed, or maybe you're just new around here, I really hate blocking.

But my OTHER purple sweater is coming along swimmingly.



I do love knitting.  I oscillate between thinking I'm going to have miles of yarn left over, and thinking I could run out at any moment.  I haven't finished the front edging because I wanted to be sure I had enough yarn to finish the sleeves.  If I have to cut corners somewhere I'd rather have a narrower edge around the collar than sleeves that are too short.  I'm pretty sure I started knitting sweaters specifically so I could finally have sleeves that I didn't have to keep tugging to cover my wrist bones.  So the sleeves are not the place to skimp on the yarn.  I'm currently on the side that says "I'm going to have plenty of yarn."  We shall see.

In Queen Bean news...


She LOVES walking with a walker.


The "walking wings" are a different story.

I would rather not teach her to walk at all at this point in time, but nobody listens to me.  I'm just the Mom.

2 comments:

katiemetzroth said...

Queen Bean looking cute as ever, even when unhappy. I have the answer to your blocking procrastination problem. Soak your sweater in a sink. At some point, you'll need the sink and you'll block the sweater. You're welcome. :)

Mattsmom said...

I simply adore you!