Monday, November 17, 2014

More Tiny Cuteness

So I was a busy girl yesterday.

Once the Queen Bean made it clear she would put up with my photographic shenanigans no longer I turned to my knitting.

I've recently made a sweater for Sweet Pea.  She came home from school one day and declared her favorite color was now BLUE.  And could I dye her hair blue, and could I knit her a blue sweater?

I told her I didn't have any blue hair dye, but I did have blue yarn.

So one blue sweater I knit.

All I had to do was sew in the ends, and add buttons.  She choose the cutest round yellow buttons as a contrast to the plain blue sweater.  Now I just need to block it.


Right after I pry it off her body.

And since the button tin was out I pulled out some buttons for a sweater I knit Queen Bean earlier this year.  It just needed buttons to be all done.  I'd even blocked it at some unknown time.

I really suck at follow through don't I.

Unfortunately for the Queen, once her sweater had buttons I required another photo shoot.

A cute baby's work is never done.  She shall have her revenge at 3 am.

She wasn't feeling another shoot by the tree.


But once we moved to the upstairs hallway she was all for it.


Pattern:  Carousel

Yarn:  Leftover cotton from my Dream Stripes Shawl

Needles:  No idea, maybe size 5, that's what the pattern recommends.

Modifications:  None that I recall.

Review:


This sweater is seriously cute.

I was unsure if I was going to like how the front is higher than the back.


But I think it works.

I also love the little lace detail.


I think my original plan was to knit this sweater for the three younger girls, and then the adult version for myself and Pork Chop.  But then I remembered that I am bound by the laws of the natural universe.  I only have so many hours in a day, and I would like to sleep at some point.

So one tiny 12 month size sweater will have to do for now.


I know!  Look at her standing.  I am so not ready for this.

And here's the sweater in action.


My favorite part of this is the dog photo bomb.  She knows she is not allowed upstairs.

No comments: