Sunday, November 16, 2014

I Should Never Be Left Alone

It is that time of year again.

The Greatest has begun decorating for Christmas.

How can I tell?



I have my ways.

I am not allowed to participate in the annual lighting of the house.  This is The Greatest's show, and I am to stay out of the way.  If it sounds like I am complaining, believe me, I am not.  This works out well.  I get to sit and be pretty while Christmas magically appears around me.  

The flip side of that is leaving me alone to my own devices can be a very dangerous thing.  I have a Christmas tree.  I have a camera.  I have the World's Cutest Baby.

What could possibly go wrong?

At first nothing really.


She is adorable.


She is mesmerized by the tree.


She only undecorates it a little.


Sweet Pea shows her how to work the lights.


And it is good.

Then Mommy looks on Pinterest and decides the baby need to be naked.

And at first it is good.


But it turns out naked babies aren't very modest.


And some strategic cropping is required.


And some strategic light placement.


Lots of strategic light placement.

I tried to get a picture of her looking up at our 12 foot tree.


But she was over it.

She peed on the tile.

Three times.

At least it was on the tile.

On the plus side, I have spent almost an entire year trying to capture her beautiful blue eyes.  Part of her Down syndrome diagnosis includes Brushfield Spots.  And they are the most beautiful eyes in the world.  We are all jealous.  I didn't fully capture them.



But I came close.

No comments: